Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Resuscitating this for therapy.

Two weeks ago, $35 game.
I have AA on the button, and get luckbox big chip leader all in with 88.
He has one suit live, and sure enough, gets a four card flush and I am gone.

Last week, same game, and I am dry.
I've been dry for over a year now, running ridiculously below EV.
This night one of the worst: it is a big stack game (35,000 chips) and despite lasting for a couple of hours, I do not get any pockets bigger than 4's, and no Ace better than A5s (which sends me out when I am down to a small count of blinds and shove into the BB with AK). Only other hand is KQs, which finds a flush on the flop three handed, and the other other hand is ATs for a bigger flush. Three handed. Luckily I am out of position and think he is chasing with just the Ace (no other suited comes), and I get out relatively cheap (one third my stack).

Tonight, I get Mr Muppet all in with AKo versus my AA and a third player with JTo. No one improves beyond one pair, and I triple. I lose some close hands for small losses, but Muppet rebuys and wins a couple of hands to close in on me. I raise in the BB with QQ about 5 x BB (to get rid of shitty Aces and Kings), and he calls with T6o. The flop is nice: T82, and I get him all in. Sure enough, he gets another T and I am gone.

Tonight, in an online tourney, I get all in AQs versus A3o, and sure enough he gets a 3. Pretty standard, and should happen 1 in 5 times. However, it isn't happening one in five times, it's happening relentlessly.

My online roll is gone, and I'm now about even for the year (winnings have only covered entry fees), and it's so bad it's making me sick. My play is okay, given how tilted I am with the bad beats, but the luck is just not there.

No comments: